Fontana delle 99 Cannelle
The Fontana delle 99 Cannelle, called the Riviera, was initially built for two sided in 1272 by the wish of the governor Lucchesino Aleta to remember the castles which contributed to the birth of the city. The work was commissioned by the master Tancredi da Pentima. In 1582 the third side was built with the design of Alessandro Ciccorone . The wall which surrounds the fountain was built in white and pink stones, it is of the XV century. Presently the fountain presents itself with a checker wall pink and white and 99 tubes, 93 of them come out of the mouth of the masks of stones (men, women, satire, warriors, and animals) which outpour water in the lavatory which is underneath. Six tubes were added afterwards . The thing which renders this fountain characteristic is that it is still unknown the origin of the water which flows from the tubes.
Basilica di Collemaggio
In 1275 Pietro fa Morrone, coming back from Lion stopped to rest in a place near the city called Collemaggio. In a dream Pietro gathered the desire of...Read More
Basilica di S. Bernardino
The Basilica di S. Bernardino of Siena is the biggest renascent in Abruzzo and began to be built in 1454 after a few years from the death of San Berna...Read More
Duomo di San Massimo
The Dome is dedicated to the Saint Patron of the City and protector of L\'Aquila San Massimo a martyr of Aveda it was built in the XII century and rec...Read More