Basilica di S. Bernardino
The Basilica di S. Bernardino of Siena is the biggest renascent in Abruzzo and began to be built in 1454 after a few years from the death of San Bernardino of Siena (1380-1444) a Franciscan and orator who stayed in L\'Aquila and initiated the congregation of Frati di San Bernardino (Brothers of San Bernardino). The construction was brought forward by S. Giovanni da Capestrano and S. Giacomo della Marca, disciples of S. Bernardino and finished after about 20 years. The face is attributed to Cola dell\'Amatrice and it presents itself with three over posed orders in the three different classical styles, doric, tonico, and high up is possible to see the bernardiniani monograms.
Basilica di Collemaggio
In 1275 Pietro fa Morrone, coming back from Lion stopped to rest in a place near the city called Collemaggio. In a dream Pietro gathered the desire of...Read More
Duomo di San Massimo
The Dome is dedicated to the Saint Patron of the City and protector of L\'Aquila San Massimo a martyr of Aveda it was built in the XII century and rec...Read More
Fontana delle 99 Cannelle
The Fontana delle 99 Cannelle, called the Riviera, was initially built for two sided in 1272 by the wish of the governor Lucchesino Aleta to remember...Read More