Basilica di Collemaggio
In 1275 Pietro fa Morrone, coming back from Lion stopped to rest in a place near the city called Collemaggio. In a dream Pietro gathered the desire of the Virgin Mary of a temple dedicated to her. On that hill there is today the most popular Church of the city. On the left hand side of the Basilica there is the holly door. In 1294 Pietro da Morrone went in through this door to be crowned Pope with the name of Celestino V.
Basilica di S. Bernardino
The Basilica di S. Bernardino of Siena is the biggest renascent in Abruzzo and began to be built in 1454 after a few years from the death of San Berna...Read More
Duomo di San Massimo
The Dome is dedicated to the Saint Patron of the City and protector of L\'Aquila San Massimo a martyr of Aveda it was built in the XII century and rec...Read More
Fontana delle 99 Cannelle
The Fontana delle 99 Cannelle, called the Riviera, was initially built for two sided in 1272 by the wish of the governor Lucchesino Aleta to remember...Read More